Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A morning stroll


Did I mention I live on like a 300 acre organic farm? This is Diamond Dust comming up to be loaded into the trailer to go for a ride. She is learning to lead and load real well. After she foals we will start her under saddle again. I put the saddle on her a few times last year in CO and she was fine with it. Of course I was just sadeling her then as part of getting her halter trained. She is one of those horses that didn't "break". I have not tryed to break her, just to teach her a better way.

4 comments:

  1. We did not "break" Belle either. We just rode her. She seemed to be a natural for it. She trusted us completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad to meet you! Any friend of Celeste is a friend of mine. You can come sit in the lazy boy on our porch. We have three Tennesee Walking horses. A stud, a mare and one colt. We have a Racking Pony too. Seems all the horses bred to be gaited seem to go into it naturally. Hubby had a "nothing" horse once, that started it all. He was hank. And he was very tall. Had been mistreated. Hubby ate, slept and drank with that horse. He taught himself a shuffle step that was smooth as glass and faster than anything around here. He is laid to rest under the grape arbor. Oh, goodness, long entry for a first vist! You'll think I'm gabby. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by to say Hello. I got the link from Celeste journal. Growing up riding ponies was one of the better times in my life.
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/entry/5063

    I came over from Celeste's journal, too. :-) I live in Kentucky, and we are horse crazy. My daughters are taking vaulting lessons, and we are leasing a Bashkir Curly mare. Many Curlies are gaited, but our little mare is not. The last horse we leased was a black Walker. He was a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete